Climate change, social policy, and changing the future
As climate change continues to impact how we plan for our futures, what are the innovations and ideas breaking new ground today that will make tomorrow better?
Equipping our communities with the tools for a more sustainable path forward relies on more than one initiative. The Walrus Talks It’s Happening Now brings together a range of speakers to share innovations currently under way that will make a difference in urban and environmental policy and planning, technology, journalism, and more.
Join us at The Walrus Talks It’s Happening Now to look at what it takes to safeguard an inclusive and optimistic future.
Featuring seven-minute talks by:
- Jeff D’Hondt, Social Worker
- Megan Leslie, President and CEO, World Wildlife Fund-Canada
- Dr. Alexandra Lesnikowski, Assistant Professor, Geography, Planning and Environment, Concordia University
- Bob McDonald, Author, Host of CBC’s Quirks & Quarks
- Sharon Nyangweso, Founder and CEO, QuakeLab
- Aphrodite Salas, Assistant Professor, Journalism, Concordia University
- Julie Segal, Senior Program Manager, Climate Finance, Environmental Defence