Manager of Donor Stewardship
Reporting to the director of development, the manager of stewardship is an experienced and dependable fundraiser who will evolve the donor relations program at The Walrus.
The manager of stewardship must have the skills and experience to lead the effort to:
– provide donors with an exceptional giving experience
– communicate to donors the impact of their gifts and of sparking essential Canadian conversation
– build a sense of community among donors
– develop opportunities to renew and grow donor engagement
The key metrics for success include quality of communications, timeliness, creativity of approach, and percentage of renewals. The manager of stewardship works collaboratively with two development officers and does not have any direct reports. This is a new position.
– Develop and implement customized stewardship plans for donors
– Ensure accurate and up-to-date recording of stewardship and contractual obligations and ensure that these obligations are met
– Manage the implementation of individual, corporate, and foundation customized donor acknowledgment, recognition, reports, and other stewardship activities in a timely manner
– Identify and develop new and innovative recognition and engagement opportunities for donors
– Write substantive, meaningful, original, and personal stewardship communications
– Project manage donor recognition activities such as the awarding of named prizes
– Participate in the implementation of stewardship events to advance donor engagement
– Liaise with the finance and admin department regarding gift posting, fund creation, gift restrictions, and tax receipting
– Comply with all fundraising policies, goals, and procedures- Other duties and responsibilities that may arise
– Bachelor’s degree
– Fundraising training is an asset
– A minimum of five years of experience in the stewardship of individual donors, and in overseeing stewardship programs
– Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills and prior experience writing correspondence, reports, requests, and other compelling stewardship copy
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Experience with creating and implementing cultivation and recognition events
– Knowledge of SalesForce or other fundraising-related databases
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Ability to work independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
A competitive compensation package of annual base salary and benefits will be provided.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume, with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertising & Sales Manager
This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied.