The Walrus is a non-profit organization featuring unique perspectives that provoke thinking and engagement. We spark conversations about Canada and its place in the world through our fact-checked reporting, commissioned art, events, podcasts, and content solutions.
We publish a national magazine eight times a year along with daily content at thewalrus.ca. Since our first issue, in 2003, we have featured award-winning writers and artists exploring issues related to technology, politics, business, the environment, and arts and culture.
We attract influential audiences and premium advertisers and offer clients custom-content services across our media platforms.
To discuss how we can assist your marketing, please contact our Advertising & Sales Manager, Paul Jaramillo.
- Educated: 53% of our readers have either a master’s degree, PhD, JD, or MD.
- Affluent: We reach Canada’s wealthiest segment: Cosmopolitan Elite (average HHI $470K+).
- Trusting: With a 96% trust rating, we are one of Canada’s most-trusted sources of journalism, ahead of the CBC and The Globe and Mail (95% and 92%, respectively).
- Influential: Our audience includes MPs, senators, and Canada’s industry leaders.
- Loyalty: At 84%, our subscriber-renewal rate is near the top of the industry, including 25% who have been with us for over ten years.
Total Monthly Reach: 675,000
Sources: Google Analytics, CCAB, Mailchimp, Magazines Canada, and Proof Inc. Audience Survey. Includes duplication across all platforms.
Average Monthly Reach:
Sources: Google Analytics, CCAB, Mailchimp, Proof Inc. Audience Survey and Magazines Canada. Includes duplication across all platforms.
- The Walrus wordmark and logo
- The Walrus social media assets
- Executive director profile picture and bio
- The Walrus boilerplate
You can download the brand guidelines before using The Walrus brand assets. The guidelines will help you preserve our brand identity.
Advertising: Showcase your brand with ads on multiple The Walrus platforms to reach print and digital audiences. We accept all standard ad units and can design custom ads to suit your needs (additional charges will apply).
For rates, production schedules, deadlines, specs, and all other inquiries, contact Paul Jaramillo, advertising and sales manager
Media opportunities: Interested in bringing Canada’s conversation to your audience? We invite press to speak with our executives, editors, writers, and artists on the topics we cover. If you want to feature our pieces or events, we’d love to hear from you. For press inquiries, contact Monita Mohan, marketing manager for The Walrus.
Content solutions: Take your content to the next level with The Walrus Lab. We offer custom content, podcast production and sponsorship, and paid posts, plus big-box ads, leaderboard ads, and skyscraper ads on our website and in our newsletters. Contact Mihira Lakshman, director, The Walrus Lab.