We depend on your donations to fund our exceptional journalism. Find out how your support can make a difference. »
Donor Impact in 2016
The Walrus Foundation spurs conversations across Canada, from kitchen tables to the House of Commons. Donor support enables us to continue providing the provocative long-form journalism, smart essays, and fresh ideas that are essential to understanding our country and ourselves.
- 210,000 people read a uniquely Canadian perspective in The Walrus magazine.
- 1,803,812 across the planet read uniquely Canadian perspectives in The Walrus or at thewalrus.ca.
- 110 writers, from clear across Canada, shared ideas and started conversations.
- 116 articles were published in The Walrus.
- 326 pieces of content were posted at thewalrus.ca.
- 90 artists, illustrators, and photographers saw their work in The Walrus
- 22 poems from established and emerging Canadian poets appeared in The Walrus.
- 25 Walrus Talks events happened across Canada.
- 168 Walrus Talks speakers addressed Canadians.
- 50,000 Walrus Talks audience members (online and in person) were moved, agitated, and delighted on topics ranging from art to water.