You are The Walrus
High-quality journalism about Canada and its place in the world is expensive. We depend on your donations to support Canadian writers, artists, and ideas, and to provide forums for the Canadian conversation.
Donor Impact in 2016
The Walrus Foundation spurs conversations across Canada, from kitchen tables to the House of Commons. Donor support enables us to continue providing the provocative long-form journalism, smart essays, and fresh ideas that are essential to understanding our country and ourselves.
- 210,000 people read a uniquely Canadian perspective in The Walrus magazine.
- 1,803,812 across the planet read uniquely Canadian perspectives in The Walrus or at thewalrus.ca.
- 110 writers, from clear across Canada, shared ideas and started conversations.
- 116 articles were published in The Walrus.
- 326 pieces of content were posted at thewalrus.ca.
- 90 artists, illustrators, and photographers saw their work in The Walrus
- 22 poems from established and emerging Canadian poets appeared in The Walrus.
- 25 Walrus Talks events happened across Canada.
- 168 Walrus Talks speakers addressed Canadians.
- 50,000 Walrus Talks audience members (online and in person) were moved, agitated, and delighted on topics ranging from art to water.