- Editor’s Letter: Why We Don’t Endorse Political Candidates - Election cycles don’t always provide depth and context for the crises we face. Good journalism does
- Why Should I Feel Ashamed of My Opioid Prescription? - Chronic pain devastated my life. Drugs restored it
- The Manly Makeover of a Conservative Leader - Is Erin O’Toole trying to beat Justin Trudeau at his own image game?
- The Right of Return: Why We Want to Come Home - Researchers have long understood why people leave their homelands. But what happens when they decide to go back?
- Why William Gibson Is a Literary Genius - Forty years after his breakout story, “Johnny Mnemonic,” the father of cyberpunk remains one of the best writers around
Inside the November 2021 issue of The Walrus
The stateless Canadian, the power of peat, the student mental health crisis, and why the RCMP is so resistant to reform.
PLUS: Will a Canadian team ever win the Stanley Cup again?
- It’s Not in Your Head: The World Really Is Getting Worse - Since the 1970s, wages, infrastructure, and the pace of technology have all stagnated. Can it be reversed?
- I’m Sick of Reboots and Rewatches and You Should Be Too - We've all spent the pandemic in a pop culture feedback loop. For the love of God, make it stop
- The Other Epidemic: What’s Killing the Wild Salmon? - A virus that flourishes in fish farms is now threatening wild populations. With hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, are business interests leading to government inaction?
- False Positive: Why Thousands of Patients May Not Have Asthma after All - A staggering number of people are being treated for a disease they don’t actually have