Seven esteemed YWCA Toronto Women of Distinction award recipients discuss the advancement of women in health, science, arts, business, social justice, and more.
- Hosted by Helen Burstyn, chair, The Walrus board of directors
- Brenda Andress, founder and president, SheIS, and founding commissioner of the Canadian Women’s Hockey League
- Zanana Akande, educator, public servant, and community advocate
- Sally Armstrong, journalist, author and human rights activist
- Janice Fukakusa, chancellor, Ryerson University
- Hon. Margaret McCain, philanthropist and chair of the Margaret and Wallace McCain Family Foundation
- Milica Radisic, Professor and Canada Research Chair, Functional Cardiovascular Tissue Engineering, University of Toronto
- Connie Walker, investigative reporter
- And more!
2019 National Sponsors
The Walrus is proud to recognize Shaw as our National Events Sponsor