The Walrus Talks is a national series of events about Canada and its place in the world. Each event offers thoughtful, inspiring thinking from scholars, writers, performers, scientists, artists, and business leaders.
Questions about the Walrus Talks? Read our FAQ here.
General Admission: $20
SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema,
149 West Hastings St.,
How design, technology, education and more can remove barriers for people with disabilities
- Rich Donovan, CEO, The Return on Disability Group, author of Unleash Different
- Neil Belanger, executive director, B.C. Aboriginal Network on Disability Society
- Rick Hansen, founder, Rick Hansen Foundation
- Vivian Ly, executive director, Autistics United Canada
- Shelley Moore, inclusive educator and researcher
- Jewelles Smith, chairperson, Council of Canadians with Disabilities
- And more!
– Live captioning and ASL interpretation are available for this event
– A wheelchair accessible entrance with street level ramp is located on West Hastings St. All washrooms are wheelchair accessible, and the venue is equipped with elevators.
– To provide a fragrance-free event, we request that attendees refrain from wearing colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to The Walrus Talks.
If you require special accommodation in order to fully participate in this event, please contact email@example.com or (416) 971-5004, ext. 247.