The Walrus Talks is a national series of events about Canada and its place in the world. Each event offers thoughtful, inspiring thinking from scholars, writers, performers, scientists, artists, and business leaders.
Questions about the Walrus Talks? Read our FAQ here.
General admission: $20
Theatre Junction Grand
608 1 St. S.W.
Seven speakers for seven minutes each on how cities are shaped by changes in media, technology, culture, and more.
- Michael Adams, bestselling author and president, Environics Institute
- Ian Gill, president, Discourse Media
- Anthony Lacavera, founder and chairman, Globalive Capital
- pk langshaw, directrice, d_verse lab and professor, Design and Computation Arts, Concordia University
- Steve Shih, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering, Concordia University
- Apoorv Sinha, CEO and founder, Carbon Upcycling Technologies
- Daniel T’seleie, activist