The Walrus Talks is a national series of events about Canada and its place in the world. Each event offers thoughtful, inspiring thinking from scholars, writers, performers, scientists, artists, and business leaders.
Questions about the Walrus Talks? Read our FAQ here.
General Admission: $20
National Gallery of Canada
380 Sussex Dr,
The Walrus Talks Connections
With members of the Order of Canada
Seven esteemed Order of Canada recipients share lively seven-minute talks on health, the arts, science, society, and the connections between us all.
- Susan Aglukark, Inuk singer, songwriter, and keynote speaker
- Dr. Sandra E. Black, professor of medicine, neurology, and director of the Hurvitz Brain Sciences Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute, University of Toronto
- Edward Burtynsky, photographer
- Zita Cobb, founder and CEO of Shorefast and innkeeper of the Fogo Island Inn
- Charmaine Crooks, five-time Olympian
- Don Tapscott, author and executive chairman of the Blockchain Research Institute