- This event has passed.
The Walrus Talks Women of Distinction
November 26, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Seven esteemed YWCA Toronto Women of Distinction award recipients discuss the advancement of women in health, science, arts, business, social justice, and more
- Hosted by Helen Burstyn, chair, The Walrus board of directors
- Brenda Andress, founder and president, SheIS, and founding commissioner of the Canadian Women’s Hockey League
- Zanana Akande, educator, public servant, and community advocate
- Sally Armstrong, journalist, author and human rights activist
- Janice Fukakusa, chancellor, Ryerson University
- Hon. Margaret McCain, philanthropist and chair of the Margaret and Wallace McCain Family Foundation
- Milica Radisic, Professor and Canada Research Chair, Functional Cardiovascular Tissue Engineering, University of Toronto
- Connie Walker, investigative reporter
- And more!
This event is presented in association with Ryerson University’s speaker series, Intersections: Mind + action on the road.
2019 National Sponsors
The Walrus is proud to recognize Air Canada as our Exclusive Airline Partner
The Walrus is proud to recognize Labatt Breweries of Canada as our National Sustainability Partner
The Walrus is proud to recognize Shaw as our national events sponsor
The Walrus is proud to recognize Indspire as our national events sponsor