The Walrus Talks Intelligence
April 14 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Due to the rapidly evolving progression of COVID-19 and the international nature of this event, The Walrus Talks Intelligence will be postponed until further notice.
New York City, NY
Minds, machines and the complexities of information
- André Alexis, author of Fifteen Dogs
- Daniel Dennett, Advisor CIFAR’s Azrieli Brain, Mind & Consciousness program, Philosopher, Co-Director Center for Cognitive Studies, Tufts University
- Stephanie Dinkins, artist
- Marzyeah Gassemi, Canada CIFAR AI Chair, Faculty Member, Vector Institute; Assistant Professor, Depts. of Computer Science and Medicine, University of Toronto
- Sheena Josselyn, Fellow in CIFAR’s Azrieli Brain, Mind & Consciousness program; neuroscientist, Hospital for Sick Children; Associate Professor, University of Toronto
- Yann LeCun, Co-director, CIFAR Learning in Machines & Brains program, Silver Professor, New York University; vice president and chief AI scientist at Facebook AI Research; A.M. Turing Award Laureate
- John Mighton, mathematician, playwright, and founder of JUMP Math
CIFAR is a Canadian-based global charitable organization that convenes extraordinary minds to address the most important questions facing science and humanity.