The Walrus Foundation is committed to educating Canadians about Canada and its place in the world. We publish a national magazine ten times per year in print, tablet, and mobile editions, as well as exclusive daily content on thewalrus.ca. As Canada’s most honoured magazine, we attract high-value audiences and premium advertisers such as Enbridge Inc., Rolex, TD Bank Group, Apple Inc., Aimia, and Labatt.
Sources: The Strategic Counsel 2014 Reader Survey and Google Analytics.
- Educated: 49% have a graduate degree
- Affluent: 40% have a HHI of $100,000+
- Urban: Most live in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver
- Engaged: Average time on page is 2:45 (industry average: 1:20)
- Influential: Our subscriber list includes leaders from Canada’s banks, law firms, universities, and hospitals, as well as every MP, Senator, and Minister in Parliament
Total Monthly Reach: 590,000
Sources: Google Analytics and CCBA. Includes duplication across all platforms.
- Circulation: 55,000
- Readership: 275,000
- Page Views:350,000
- Unique Visitors: 225,000
- Newsletter subscribers: 11,000
- Facebook Likes: 30,500
- Twitter Followers: 67,000
- Average event attendance: 475
We offer premium advertising opportunities on thewalrus.ca, in The Walrus magazine and in the Walrus Weekly newsletter. We accept all standard units and can design custom ads to suit your needs.
We leverage our expertise as content creators to help brands tell their stories via educational, long-form native advertising in print and online.
Click covers to view supplements
Testimonial from WWF-Canada
WWF-Canada wanted a vehicle to drive our conservation stories about water health and at-risk marine species to an educated, mainstream audience. The Walrus helped us meet this need by designing a beautiful, multiple-spread supplement inside the magazine’s popular Summer Reading issue. We were thrilled to see notable Canadians, such as photographer Ed Burtynsky, who tweeted his support, engage with the content. We are confident that our conservation success stories reached a knowledgeable audience who cares about the future of our planet. Overall, it was great to be able to showcase our work in such a high-quality publication.
We help like-minded organizations showcase interesting ideas and projects. We leverage social media and our magazine for promotion, our administrative expertise to execute events and contests, and our website to create co-branded digital hubs.
Click tablet to view microsite
From writing to distribution, we create rich, beautiful, stand-alone publications for organizations.
Click covers to view books
Rates, production schedule, deadlines, specs, and all other inquiries
- Joseph Connolly | (416) 971-5004 ext. 235 | [email protected]
- Gayle Matthews | 647 272 9464 | [email protected]