- What does Noah Richler assume about Canadian literature?
- Explain the “Franklin expedition” as Richler sees it. What stories support this view?
- What does Wayne Johnston think about a unifying theme for Canadian literature? How does Richler reply?
- Richler is described as the driver through Canada’s literary atlas. What kind of a driver is he?
- What four sections of the multi-series radio talk are discussed in Charles Foran’s essay?
- What are some failings that Foran points out in Richler’s argument?
- What does Richler propose as the unifying concept to Canadian literature? Do you think it is an accurate theme?
- Richler’s all-encompassing thesis for Canadian literature fails to encompass all of Canadian literature. However, Foran does propose that he has contributed a “simple but original thought.” Is it enough to provoke thought and be original if your intentions fail? Explain.