Rob Ford is asked if he'll drop out of mayor's race to run for council in Ward 2. "I've never quit anything in my life," he says.
— Ben Spurr (@BenSpurr) July 21, 2014
- Carleton University
- Talking to the Toronto Star (after the paper published this July 2010 article, about an alleged physical altercation between high school football coach Rob Ford and a student player)
- Rob and Doug Ford’s “Cut the Waist Challenge”
- Driving under the influence of paperwork
- Drinking alcohol at the Air Canada Centre: “I have admitted to my mistakes, and I said it would not happen again, and it has never happened again at the Air Canada Centre,” Rob Ford, November 2013. This past spring, he appeared to be impaired while attending a Toronto Maple Leafs game—at the Air Canada Centre
- Drinking alcohol, everywhere: “Guaranteed, 100 percent”
- Using illegal drugs—fewer than six months before he was filmed smoking crack cocaine in his sister’s basement
- Insinuating that Star reporter Daniel Dale is a pedophile
- Drinking alcohol, again: “I’m as sober as a judge”
- Having a sobriety coach
Matthew McKinnon is a National Magazine Award–winning writer and designer, and the online editor of The Walrus.